Congratulations to José, Ade, Emily, Claire, Mehdi, and Nunshel — the inaugural class of Charles and Fran Rodgers Fellows. Founded by West End House Board Member and Past Board President Charles and Fran Rodgers, the Charles and Fran Rodgers Fellowship Program focuses on the academic and leadership development of West End House alumni who are entering their first year of college. Over 10 alumni submitted heartfelt personal essays and letters of recommendation for consideration for this new and competitive scholarship. A committee of West End House staff had the difficult task of carefully interviewing and selecting each of the six Fellows:
- José: Lesley University – Major in Business with a focus in Finance
- Emily: University of New Hampshire – Major in Engineering
- Ade: U-Mass Dartmouth – Major in Psychology with a focus in Film
- Claire: Bridgewater State University – Major in Chemistry
- Medhi: Fisher College – Major in Business Administration
- Nunshel: Massachusetts Bay Community College – Major in Business with a focus in Healthcare
During this ten-month Fellowship, José, Ade, Emily, Claire, Mehdi, and Nunshel will participate in enriching workshops, key meetings, and tackle special assignments while under the mentorship of success coaches and West End House staff. These engaging, team-based activities seek to advance the Fellows independently while also develop a strong network of students that are leaders among their peers and community.