West End House is a mission-driven organization committed to inspiring and enabling young people from all backgrounds to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. West End House staff identify as passionate and innovative youth development professionals. They view their work as more than just a job. They are driven by equity and inclusion to build meaningful relationships with young people. Each staff member lends a valuable set of talents and expertise that supports youth and the entire organization each day. Professional development opportunities are created and made available to ensure that all staff members are continuously challenged and growing in their roles.
West End House offers a generous benefits package for full-time staff members that includes competitive salary; paid vacation, holiday, and sick days; health and dental coverage; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; voluntary 403b participation; and a pension contribution upon eligibility.
Learning Hub Specialist
The Learning Hub Specialist is responsible for ensuring a safe and structured environment for our members during their remote learning day. The ideal candidate will have experience in youth development, a comfort with technology and passion for education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold and adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Create a visual and physically welcoming space for hub members
- Promote warmth within the hub through building community and personalized visuals
- Set up and sanitize learning hub space and equipment daily
- Assist members with entry and set-up within the learning hub
- Assist members with guidance on assignments as needed (this is limited to set-up and does not include class instruction).
- Uphold WEH Learning Hub Norms to ensure a support learning environment
- Monitor school schedules to ensure members are on task
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for members with a focus on academic success and emotional wellness
- Provide enrichment/brain breaks for member throughout their school day
- Perform ongoing sanitizing and upkeep of hub space and common areas throughout the day.
This is a non-exempt hourly position until June 2021 with maximum 29 hours per week. Must have availability M/T/TH/F from 7:00 – 4:30p.
Strength Based Relationship Building – West End House uses a strength-based approach to build relationships that endure and contribute to positive outcomes for our young people. Staff focus on the assets of our young people, rather than the deficits, to support continuous growth;
Innovation – West End House prides itself on creating and offering innovative and responsive programs. Staff members are expected to think outside the box, proactively problem solve, and be courageous in their daily work;
Curiosity –West End House staff are enthusiastic to learn. They participate in personal and professional opportunities designed to challenge and expand to their knowledge base. They are encouraged to seek out learning experiences and actively participate in their own development;
Data Informed– Assessing our impact is critical to insuring the best outcomes for our program participants. Our staff is expected to use data to inform current program content and future program development, ensuring our offerings meet the needs AND interest of our young people;
Healthy Environment– Teaching our members the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a priority. As such, our staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our young people;
- “Hands-On” mentality – candidate must work directly with kids and families.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse group of youth as an instructor and mentor.
- Witty with a fun sense of humor
- 2+ years’ experience in youth development or/and out of school time programming.
- Experience and passion for academic support and remote learning.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, planning and organizing, attention to details, energetic, and fun.
- Experience working in multicultural environments, bi-lingual a strong plus.
- Experience with home schooling a strong plus.
The West End House Girls & Boys Club is an equal -opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please send letter of interest and resume to Jenny Nute, Chief Impact Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
High school students seeking part-time employment opportunities in our Peer Leader Program can apply here. Please submit your completed application to our Career Development and Employment Specialist Carleen Colin. If you have additional questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.