West End House Learning Hubs provide a safe, supportive and supervised space for children during their remote learning day. Staff will encourage children to engage in class, complete assignments and provide academic support when possible.
CURRENT MEMBERS: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP. DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
- Age: 9 and up
- Dates: Thursday December 3rd 2020 – June 2021
- Days: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Friday (no in person programs on WEDNESDAY; program days may change if BPS makes changes to remote learning)
- Arrival is 15 minutes before first remote class; Dismissal is at 5 pm
- Meals provided: Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack provided
- Fun-filled enrichment programs in the arts, fitness, science, etc. will begin after school is over and run until 5 PM.
Commitment to safety: All of us – staff, families, and young people share the responsibility to keep our West End House community safe. We have established a strong safety plan based on CDC guidelines with the goal of reducing our exposure to and transmission of COVID-19. Here are some of the safety requirements at a glance:
- All young people and staff wear disposable masks provided by WEH. Masks are worn at all times except when eating and drinking
- Program spaces and any common areas are consistently cleaned and sanitized
- Health screenings take place each morning for anyone who enters the building Social distancing and consistent handwashing required from staff and young people
- Children and teens will be in a group of 10-15 young people and will not mix with other groups
- Any travel to high risk states by a parent or child requires that child be out for 14 days or produce a negative COVID test result. These are subject to change, please check with mass.gov for updated list.
- Any young person or staff who stays home or is sent home with a COVID 19 symptom will be required to get a COVID 19 test and provide documentation of a negative result before
For more information on the launch of our learning hubs – click here.