West End House is now accepting applications from 14-19 year old teens who are excited and willing to engage in a fun and exciting employment experience as a Peer Leader. If you have any questions about this information, please contact Elena Mendez at email@example.com or 617-435-6141
Peer leaders support West End House staff members to ensure a safe and structured environment for club members during their remote learning day. Responsibilities include supporting staff with daily Learning Hub routine and tasks, serving as a role model, reporting discipline problems, upholding WEH Learning Hub Norms to ensure a supportive learning environment, following all safety protocols and providing a safe and nurturing environment for members with a focus on academic success and emotional wellness. Peer Leaders may also support administrative tasks, behavioral support, lunch and snack and resetting the room for the next activity. In addition, attendance is required at:
- Monthly Professional Development Workshops
- Monthly check-ins with Career Development & Employment Specialist
- Monthly Supervisor–Peer Leader check-in
Peer leaders are expected to engage with youth at all times, uphold and reinforce all WEH rules and be proactive when working. Peer Leaders are also always serving as a role model for other club members of all ages. Most importantly, have fun!
Hours and Pay:
You may be eligible to work between 8 to 15 hours per week, hourly salary is based on the following:
- Learning Hub Peer Leader: Wage ($14.50/hr): You will be assigned to a learning hub with younger members and will be expected to complete your school day at WEH. You will only be paid for after-school hours but there may be a chance you will be called upon to help from time to time. Hours will be 2-5pm or 3-5pm, depending on your school schedule.
- Afterschool Enrichment Day Peer Leader ($13.50/hr): You will be expected to arrive at WEH after your school day is complete and will be assigned to a learning hub with younger members that have finished their school day. Hours will be 2-5pm or 3-5pm, depending on your school schedule.
Being a participant of the Peer Leader program and persisting for ideally two years can help you become eligible for our External Placement Program.
Deadline: January 1, 2021
Late applications will not be accepted
- Completed application, including written response to a short answer question
- Proof of a bank account number and routing number through a banking statement or screenshot of your mobile bank app. If you currently DO NOT have a bank account, please notify Elena Mendez ASAP. WEH can assist in obtaining a personal bank account. If you are hired, you will need to obtain a bank account by February 1st, 2021.