Thank you for your interest in becoming a West End House Sustainer. Your support offers many benefits – for you and for club members and families. Following are answers to some common questions.
Why does West End House need Sustainers right now?
The COVID-19 epidemic has introduced unprecedented challenges and unforeseen costs. We are asking for more help, because more help is needed!
- Our dedicated staff need new tools such as Zoom and other apps to connect with youth and keep them engaged
- Safety equipment helps essential workers stay safe while they pack up food and supplies
- Transporting and delivering groceries is more expensive than serving meals onsite — and more families need food assistance than ever before
- Program supplies can’t be communally shared and bought in bulk. Instead, we need to buy items that can be broken up into packets and delivered to people’s homes.
- The financial impact of this pandemic can’t be over-stated. Many people are struggling with their health or financially; while others feel called to new depths of generosity.
How much of my gift goes directly to youth and families?
Your monthly sustainer gift will pay for the supply, staffing and other program costs of the program area you select: Food, Arts, or STEM programs. Help from sustainers will allow us to stay nimble and flexibly respond to the needs of club members and families as the current health crisis evolves.
What happens to monthly gifts when West End House reopens?
We will keep Sustainers updated about the ways your support is making a difference in the lives of young people and families. Whether clubs take place virtually or in-person, we will always need art supplies, food, and enrichment materials — and we hope our Sustainers will stay with us as we continue to adapt to new and emerging challenges.
If I make my gift monthly, will I be locked into a specific commitment?
You can cancel your donation at any time with just a couple of clicks. We know things change and we greatly appreciate your help!
Can I donate food or supplies directly?
West End House works with many local partners who are better equipped to manage material donations. If you are looking to donate food, our partners Lovin’ Spoonfuls and Greater Boston Food Bank have the storage equipment and expertise needed to inventory, store, and efficiently distribute food to programs such as ours.