Corporate volunteers lend valuable support to daily programs at the West End House. We tailor each corporate volunteer opportunity to the size and goal of each group, ensuring that volunteers have a rewarding experience to connect with the mission of West End House.
Sample corporate volunteer experiences include:
- Meal Preparation in the Live in Motion Cafe: Work alongside our professional chef to prepare more than 300 nutritious meals from scratch, which are served free of charge to West End House youth each day.
- Academic Support: Help more than 200 youth in elementary school, middle school and high school complete their homework or lend an extra hand in an interactive science or literacy program.
- Art Projects: Create a collaborative piece with youth, led by our Visual Arts Coordinator, that will be displayed at the West End House (or your office!).
- Fitness Programs: Get kids moving in a variety of fitness activities such as obstacle courses, dance, basketball, kickball, four square, and more.
- Professional Development Opportunities for Teens: Share your professional experiences with West End House teens, guiding youth through mock interviews, resume creation, job shadow days, and more. These corporate volunteer experiences can take place at the West End House or at your office.
- Mini-Makeovers (Seasonal): Transform a room or space in the West End House, lending much-needed manpower to brighten a space or clean the facility. These experiences are offered on a limited basis and are often contingent upon weather.
How Do We Get Started?
Take these simple steps:
- Complete the Group Volunteer Application.
- Once you have completed the application, our Community Engagement Coordinator will contact you to discuss your application and expectations for the volunteer day, and will work with you to confirm a date.
- Stay in touch with the Community Engagement Coordinator throughout the planning process to share any updates on scheduling and number of coworkers involved.
- Recruit your coworkers, and enjoy your day at the West End House!
For any questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact Sarah MacPherson Community Engagement Coordinator, at 617-870-7513 or email@example.com.